Aug 07, 2021 - 09:27 PM
If you have acne-prone skin it is possible that you:
- had a reaction to a product
- had comodenal acne breakout
Comodenal acne can appear as whiteheads/closed comedones (skin or white-colored bumps) or blackheads/open comedones (When sebum in the open follicle turns black when exposed to air resulting in a black center). They are hardened plugs of dead cells, bacteria, and excess oil within the pores.
To treat them try using
- AHA’s or BHA’s- helps exfoliate the skin.
- Retinoids- speed up cell turnover that causes your skin cells to shed more quickly thus showing new skin underneath.
- Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide - salicylic acid penetrates deep inside the closed pore to clean out any dead skin or debris. Benzoyl peroxide works at keeping closed comedones from forming by killing bacteria.
- Azelaic Acid - helps soothe and exfoliate the skin while being effective against breakouts.